- The Birthday of Rei Ayanami (2001): Features BGM and instrumentals related to Rei's appearances in the TV series and movies.
- The Day of Second Impact (2004): A compilation of pieces from the TV series and first two movies. This is the localized version by Geneon.
- Death OST (1997): An all-instrumental OST for Death, the first half of the first movie. Includes a cardboard slipcase. E45
- Tamashii no Refrain / Kokoro yo genshi ni modore single (1997): Single by Yoko Takahashi, who also sang the series' opening, "Cruel Angel's Thesis". E44
- Yoshiyuki Sadamoto Working Music CD (2014): Included with the Premium Edition of Vol. 14 of the manga and contains 4 tracks that Sadamoto liked to listen to while he worked.
SonMay Records is a Taiwanese company which produces unlicensed CDs of anime music. The CDs have their own catalog numbers and are priced much cheaper than the original releases.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion (1995): The first OST and the first piece of Evangelion music I picked up at my first anime con, FanimeCon '97 when it was still in Foothill College. E44
- Vox (1997): An album of R&B/hip-hop remakes of several pieces of BGM from the TV series and The End of Evangelion. A key difference is that the legit case for Vox is a circular tin, but the SM version comes in a jewel case.