Cellu Club is a series of reproduction cels that were released by Gainax. There are 12 machine reproductions and 6 hand painted ones. I have a complete set of the former, still sealed in their envelopes, and three duplicates which have been opened, marked with an *. This was because I got these 3 first before landing a complete set. The envelope that the machine reproductions comes in is last. The hand painted cels are sequentially numbered to follow the machine reproductions and all of the cels are presented in numerical order. E12
- #1: Asuka
- #2: Asuka and Hikari
- #3: Maya
- #4: Shinji and Rei
- #5: Ryoji
- #6: Shinji and Asuka
- #7: Rei and classmates
- #8: Rei and Eva-00
- #9: Shinji, Kensuke, and Touji
- #10: Misato
- #11: Rei
- #12: Gendo
Hand painted reproductions
- #14: Kaworu. Waiting for Shinji outside the Central Dogma gates in Episode 24.
- #15: Asuka. This is from the kissing scene in Episode 15. See the related Shinji production cel below.
- #18: Shinji. Would appreciate some help in identifying which episode this comes from!
Would love to get more of these!
- Shinji (Episode 15): This is when Shinji and Asuka are about to kiss but she stops short and tells him that his breath tickles. It is 2 stuck layers and came with an unmatching background. A2, C231.
- Asuka (Episode 15): This is earlier in the same episode when Asuka and Hikari are talking while cleaning the classroom. A3.
These came with the Blu-ray and DVD releases of 1.11 and 2.22 and are displayed in a cardboard mount. They are arranged by when they appear chronologically in the films. The first image is a frame and the second is the sequence.
Shelter bathroom: Kensuke convinces Toji to help him sneak out of the shelter to watch the fight between Eva-01 and the 5th Angel (Shamshel in the original series).
Eva-00 in position: Eva-00 in position during the operation to intercept the eighth Angel Sahaquiel from obliterating Tokyo-3.
Asuka cooking: Asuka trying to cook a dish but thinks it might be too spicy for Shinji.
Fuyutsuki and Gendo observe Third Impact: This scene occurs at the end of the film prior to Kaworu stopping Third Impact.